How To Improve Your Focus
How To Improve Your Focus
Whether you are a sportsperson, actor, student or a working professional, your performance is determined by your ability to focus properly. However, there are times times when our mind wanders away and it becomes impossible for us to concentrate on anything.. Hence, by following some simple tips, we can ensure that we always manage to stay sharp and focused.
1. MEDITATION: It will be great for your body and mind if you can manage to allocate at least half an hour everyday for meditation . But, that is not possible for everyone. Fortunately, that doesn't matter, because even when we are breathing we can practice meditation. Breath is the main source of our energy and by simply becoming aware of your breath, you can slip into meditation. That best part about this is that, you can do this anywhere and anytime.
2. KEEP YOUR GOALS SMALL AND ACHIEVABLE: It is good to dream big, but sometimes you can get distracted and lose focus. Since the dream is too big, you will fail to realize any immediate results which brings you closer it. It is best to break it into smaller portions and then slowly achieve them one by one.
3. START FASTING A BIT: Everyone knows that eating heavy slows us down and makes us feel lazy and sleepy. Fasting has lots of good benefits. It boots our metabolism process and helps to keep us sharp and focused. However, small amount of fasting is recommended only. Don't starve yourself.
4. TAKE PART IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Always try to keep yourself engaged in physical activities. It helps to keep our body in a good shape and also helps us to stay focused. As per a study, 20 minutes of yoga everyday enhances the brain functions and improves our ability to focus.
5. SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH MOTHER NATURE: Sometimes it is better to just sit down and enjoy the small, beautiful things about Nature. The chirping of birds, twigs crackling, the wind blowing through the branches of the trees- just sit down and try to listen to these sounds. You will feel at peace. As a result, your focus will also improve.
6. EXERCISE YOUR MIND: Apart from taking part in physical activities, try to keep your mind engaged in different activities. Solve some puzzles or the crossword, take part in debates and discussions or involve yourself in any creative activities. In short, don't let your mind stay idle.
7. LISTEN TO MUSIC: Music is a big stress buster and helps us to maintain our focus. However, most people listen to music while reading or exercising. Instead try to listen to the music carefully. Try to listen to the different instruments playing in the background and focus on any one of them. It adds a new dimension to your music listening experience and is also very good for your mind.